Sunday, February 16, 2014

Silly Post Pregnancy Thoughts

Pregnancy was a wonderful, hysterical, and unbelievable experience. I loved it and I miss it! :%

It was amazing to grow a human being inside my body. 
It was beyond my understanding to see and feel how God knit my baby together. 
It was laughable to not be able to see my toes.
Hilarious to watch my tummy grow bigger than a hat box fit for Eliza Doolitttle. (She wore big hats...)
Remarkable how different I felt. 
It was SWELL. :) and I loved it. :)

I have been thinking about my "pregnancy symptoms" and how I feel after Caleb entered the world. People always told me that all the side effects would go away as soon as Caleb came out. But for me ... That hasn't been completely true and it is so weird! :)

During my pregnancy, some of the things I experienced were:
Metalic taste - cheap silverware was especially taste-able
Nausea 
Many a lost cookie (was that tactfully put?)
Dizziness
Insomnia

I am beyond thankful to The Lord that the insomnia went away immediately. Of course I didn't sleep at the hospital (Caleb was in my arms and I stared at him all night long! :) but our first night home I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Sleep since then has been such a blessing! 

The funny thing is that it took the nausea over 2 months to fully go away. I have spent a surprising number of days curled up with my hand over my mouth. I lost my cookies a few times since giving birth, and I just stopped gagging on my toothpaste each time I brush. And the metal taste still lingers. Hormones are a weeeeird thing I tell ya. 

But!!! Some amazing things started during pregnancy and haven't gone away that I am soooo happy about! Like new food appreciations! Sausage, milk, and cereal were not my best friends and now if they aren't daily frequenters at my house I'm sad! I'm a milk fiend and sausage is one of the most delightful meats ever! So weird, right? You know what else? Asiago bagels at Panera Bread. Before they smelled like stinky feet and now they are my ultimate favorite. :) I kept teasing my father in law that they MUST have changed the bagel recipe. ;)

But even though the food cravings are there still, the aversions are gone. YAY! I can eat ham again - and pasta! Do you know HOW WEIRD it is for an Italian not to like pasta??!?!?

Long story short ... Just in case you wanted to, "skip to the end" like Prince Humperdink ... The point if this post is that pregnancy/hormones are weird! It makes me laugh.

Did you know hormones were weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment