Friday, February 21, 2014

Simple

Dearest Caleb,

I don't think I'll ever forget this day. Every bit of it was sweet, in every detail.

When we first prayed together during your breakfast treat, I prayed, like always, that God would give us good works to do today. Good things to be busy with - and He did.

I was rocking you to sleep this morning, thinking about what a gift you are. Your head rested gently in the crook of my arm, and I was savoring our special time together. Suddenly, I felt something wet on my arm. When I realized it was your drool, I cant tell you how overcome I was with EVER GROWING love for you. You are so helpless now, and need me. You are wonderfully precious to me - and completely adorable! The simply thought of you being so sleepy that drool just slipped out was so ... sweet ... :)

We went to Mamaw's house today and had the best time! You cried the whole way there but were all smilie as soon as we arrived. You took a good nap on her couch, and chatted happily while we were in my old home. And then, God did give us an extra special work to do! We went to visit your friend, Grandma Crandell. She was so glad to meet you! She reminded us how she prayed for you and how much of a miracle you are.

The rest of the day was shopping with Mamaw, smiles at your Grandpa, and silly dances with Daddy when we got home. 

Simple and splendid; that is my life as your mommy. I love you, son. Praying for many more special days with you.

Kisses, Mommy
   






No comments:

Post a Comment